Reporting on the operations of the Telekom Slovenije Group and Telekom Slovenije is carried out in line with the requirements of national legislation and the International Financial Reporting Standards. The Group’s economic, social and environmental impacts are explained in the integrated annual report in which we combine financial and non-financial performance indicators. The Group reports on sustainable development and corporate social responsibility in accordance with the international Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). In 2014 we transitioned to the latest guidelines, GRI G4, and took into account recommendations for the telecommunications sector and the media. Based on an expert examination of the impacts of the Telekom Slovenije Group’s operations and interaction with key stakeholders, we identified the following material aspects:11
||EN VIRONMENTAL IMPAC TS
||- Economic performance
- Indirect economic impacts
- Effluents and waste
and decent work
- Labour/management relations
- Occupation health and safety
- Diversity and equal opportunities.
for women and
- Child labour
- Forced or compulsory labour
- Public policies
- Competition protection
- Product and service labelling
- Marketing communications
- Accessibility to media content
In accordance with the development strategy, we present the relevant content for our stakeholders, in which we strive for clarity and transparency. Content is defined in accordance with strategic objectives, the interests of stakeholders and legal requirements.
Long-term profitable growth
- Analysis of financial performance indicators, sales and the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Investments for long-term growth.
Optimisation of costs
- Activities and projects to increase operational efficiency.
Development of technologically advanced services and networks
- New technologies, products and services, with priority given to increased user mobility.
- Investments and activities to modernise networks.
- Friendly and secure user experience.
- Functioning of management bodies and activities aimed at the strategic coordination of subsidiaries’ operations.
Human resource development
- Employee development activities for optimisation of business processes and increasing labour productivity.
Operations according to the principles ofsustainable development
- Long-term achievement of profitability and business excellence.
- Measurable impacts on the economic, social and natural environment in which the Group operates.
Drafting of the report and scope of sustainable development reporting12
The Telekom Slovenije Group’s annual report presents sustainable development indicators for the previous calendar year. The report is primarily intended for shareholders, the financial public, users and employees.
In addition to reporting at the Group level and at the level of the parent company Telekom Slovenije, sustainable development reporting is carried out by other Group companies. Reporting on non-financial indicators relates to the Telekom Slovenije Group. Where standard reporting guidelines are not yet in place for the entire Group, it is specifically stated that the indicators apply to the parent company.13
The most recent annual report, for 2013, was published on 30 April 2014. Data and information are captured with the help of a structure questionnaire, the content of which is prepared by experts for specific areas from Telekom Slovenije, GVO, TSmedia, Soline, Avtenta, Ipko, One and Blicnet. Telekom Slovenije’s Accounting and Controlling Sector and the Public Relations coordinate the preparation and the issue of the report.
There were no other significant changes to data from previous years and boundaries of reporting.
In the event of changes in a methodology used to disclose data, those changes and the reasons for those changes are clarified in the accompanying comments.
Verification of reporting14
The sustainable development report is submitted for independent external verification, which includes the verification of reporting according to the GRI guidelines. The statement regarding the external verification of the sustainability report according to the GRI Guidelines may be found on page 139.
11 GRI G4-19
12 GRI G4-18, G4-22, G4-23, G4-28, G4-29, G4-30
13 GRI G4-20, G4-21
14 GRI G4-32