We achieved all key target indicators associated with the management of access devices for fixed services, transmission systems, electromechanical devices and real estate used for technological purposes. We continued to implement measures to increase energy efficiency and reduce the costs of maintaining systems under management. We accelerated the process of updating and enhancing the functional reliability of the convergent core network.
Highlights in 2014
- Slovenia was hit by an ice storm in February which, for the most part, severely damaged Telekom Slovenije’s cable network.
- The auction of frequencies for the provision of public mobile communication services was completed successfully.
- We modernised the mobile radio network in the scope of the evolution of mobile data services (EMDS) project.
- We connected the first base station to the LTE Advanced technology.
- We exceeded more than 100,000 users in the LTE/4G mobile network.
- We introduced a package with the fastest internet access, with a speed of up to 1 Gbit/s.
- Telekom Slovenije was the first operator in Slovenia to introduce coded connections at the L1 level via DWDM transfer systems.